Monday 3 October 2011

Second Week - project

First group project this week and I worked with Andy and Ashleigh. They seem to know so much from camera, directing to editing. Feel overwhelmed , yet excitable like a toddler seeing a parent after a day away from work.

Have decided to openly embrace new technology and take in as much information as can.

I am learning to compromise, to let people lead, and to follow instructions. Who have known that Camera as instrument has so much work to do and offer. We learnt about Sony V1 420camera - to be honest still cannot tell the difference. I have managed to grasp most of the functions on it as my colleagues let me take charge of it during filming. Adjusting of tripods to taking and accumulation of requested material. Just by us trying to decided on what and where to shoot you realise how important pre-planning as we wasted time not knowing where and what to film.

Where as now I am learning to pause , think and do an assessment of subject matter, lighting, composition even a risk assessment etc. All this will affect your final product if you don't get right in first place.
Andy and Ashleigh allowed me to be cameraman- always simplified this role - yet vital. Camera very sensitive to light, to control i difficult. Its al more of an art than a skill - yet both go hand to hand.

I am finding Editing tools interesting - simple but with a lot of repetition in the work. Final Cut Pro and Motion are so called leading software in Broadcasting. Need to master them - urgently. Neeeed a Mac.....Need .....Time..... to learn the INs and OUTs of the programs. Everyone seems relaxed on the platform. I now have an all round understanding of what to expect. Lot of terminology jargon I need to get grip with. Lots of Fun. Learning as I started read more out of the news other than the news it self.

I have started to look at different TV news network, BBC and SKY . How they render the interviews. Camera shots, Editing, Cutaways argh..so much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment