Well, after 8 weeks in Group 5 team finally understands the advantages of working within a Group.
The past 2 months have been hell. Team failed to understood basic fundamental parts of the assignments:
- TeamWork - None existing. Majority of the time it was two of us. It was made worse by when Team failed to grasp the main point of us being placed - In my opinion it is for us to work closely together bringing in different skills within the group. Aiming to produce good quality news package and professionally producing a 5minute show to depict basic studio ops.
- Team Planning - although we were depleted most of the time, I have constantly being undermined by the Team.
- News Package - this continually happened when I would agree and with my colleague and only for agreement to be overturned as soon as the other group member turns up.
- News Package - The group clearly did not understand News Package VT brief on Manchester College. On numerous times I tried to push the importance of actual news investigation/research.
- News Package - Interviews - Interviewing a fellow classmate without consulting me as I worked in the same room clearly undermined me - and only to be told a week later that they interviewed a fellow colleague instead of using Prospective students we had interviewed. I tried to point out the relevance on us using that footage as they were prospective media students and were going to be directly affected by the Fee increases. Again - Same result shot down. Their point - as a present classmate they will need to top up his degree - possibly Salford University - He would only be affected by the new fees increase in 2014. Group clearly missed the point as brief was on the Manchester College - Fees increase in 2012. News Package should have highlighted two main points
- Prospective Students -How they felt about student finance? What preparations they have undertaken for the tuition fees increase?
- College -How have they prepared for this? Has Preparation for this Next been different from previous years. I felt interviewing- Head of Department or the Dean would give us a better source. The more interviews the better and more factual our news would be.
Sources of the News! Most News was graphically produced with no relevant interviews. We are heavily reliant on charts (from Questionnaires Results obtained from prospective students). as the news in the VT!